The choice of the doctor
The choice of the clinic and surgeon is as important as your decision to undergo surgery and treatment as whole. To choose plastic or reconstructive surgeon you need to study very carefully and scrupulously the market of medical services. Your results will be proportional to the amount of effort spent searching.
After you yourself answered yes to the question:
“Do I really need surgery?”, start directly searching for clinics and doctors. In our age of advanced technology, the search begins with the study of advertising information. While Studying advertising of the clinic you need to pay attention to next information: whether the clinic has modern surgical equipment, uses modern technology and know-how, how many years it is working on the market (preferably over 10 years) and so on.
Do not blindly trust advertising. Remember that the best advertising can be provided by patient, who already had operation and who can tell you about what he/she experienced and even show the result. Such patients can be found on the forums dedicated to plastic surgery or the surgeon. Check them out in detail.
Make a list of questions
The next step is to gather information on the chosen clinic and surgeon. Find out whether he/she is a member of the Scientific Association of Plastic Surgery – domestic and foreign. Make a list of questions, which are important for you regarding the upcoming surgery. This should include data on the category and the education of doctor; whether he/she has a scientific degree; whether the clinic and the surgeon has the license; whether he/she has documents on completion of education, internship, qualification courses (especially qualification courses abroad); the number of errors (you can find this out in the Internet). Having received an answer, you can go to a next level of preparation for the surgery — to make an appointment with a chosen doctor.
During the consultation they should offer you printed materials about the clinic, the doctors and types of operations. The preoperative photography is obligatory at any type of operations and must be performed. Prior to surgery they should provide you with information about possible complications and peculiarities of the postoperative period in printed form. You must pass the examination. If the operation is performed under anesthesia, biochemical blood tests, evaluation of cardiac function and overall health must be performed. You should pass mandatory examination by an anesthesiologist, because of the many options of pain relief, he (along with the surgeon) must select the one, which is most suitable for you.
Rating of plastic surgeon
Pay attention to the rating of the clinic and the chosen surgeon on the medical portals. It is a sure way to assess the professionalism of the surgeon. We remained you that the founder of the Medical center Valikhnovskimd has leading position among Ukrainian surgeons according to the medical portal Doc.ua. The rating of each surgeon on Doc.ua is composed by many variables, including estimates of professional and personal characteristics of the doctor by actual patients.
Fameis important factor for choosing a surgeon. It is highly unlikely that the doctor, unknown in the professional sphere and the Internet, will be God in plastic surgery. It is therefore important to look at the reputation of the surgeon, the reviews about him/her, the number of publications in the press and programs on TV. Medical center Valikhnovskimd is participant and the general partner of numerous television projects about beauty and health “Bring me the beauty back”/“Povernіt Meni krasu” (“1+1”), “I am ashamed of my body”/“Ya soromlyusya svogo tіla” (“STB”)", “My new life”/“Moye nove zhittya”(“Ukraine”).
Photos “before” and “after”
Photos of “before” and “after” surgery is a professional portfolio of a surgeon. If these photos are not posted in a public source, then ask the surgeon, “Can I see photos “before” and “after”?” Carefully review the photos it is possible to form an opinion about the skills of each surgeon. Make sure the photos have the same lighting, angle and profile of the patient.
Cost of service
In our clinic you can get information about operations, including pricing information. It is important to remember that this is only an approximate price level for a group of operations that you need. Therefore, you will know “your price” at consultation of the particular specialist, and it will be calculated individually. Please note that the price for the required operation should not be the lowest on the market, usually not rich surgeon’s experience or non-compliance with medical standards hide behind the low prices. Usually young starting surgeons discount the prices, thus losing quality.
What should bring doubt at choosing the clinic?
- If the clinic has a completely different profile and plastic surgeries are performed in it on occasion, if the clinic offers only one or two types of plastic surgery – it is better refuse of doing operations here.
- Responsible surgeon will try to understand why you need surgery. He might even try to dissuade from doing it. Don't be afraid of this! A conscientious doctor will always tell the truth, even if after that you decide not to have surgery: there may be non-surgical options for resolving the problem or possible complications and disadvantages associated with recovery period.
- Knowledge of terminology and the ability to explain. If the doctor can't explain you the details and nuances of the operation, to model the expected result, it is a reason to question his professionalism.
- The price of the operation is too low. Typically, this indicates a low level of services or low qualification of the surgeon.
- Refuse the operation, if they offer you to perform the operation without proper examination, analyses, preparation and examination by an anesthesiologist. This suggests that the clinic does not pay enough attention to the security of operations and therefore puts your life at risk.
- They promise to do everything the way you want and with 100% guarantee. This unfortunately does not happen. Besides advantages, every operation always has cons, in rare cases, complications may occur. And the doctor has to warn you about all of that.
- A good surgeon will tell you what can and cannot be achieved through the operation taking into account your age, medical history, skin condition, body type and of the technology capabilities.